For more information, please contact:
Nick Nowell, PMP
Director of Education & Safety
Safety Training and Evaluation Process
STEP - MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
SAFETY IS PRIORITY - WITH STEP, YOU CAN IMPROVE IT
- STEP participation is highly valued by General Contractors
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Can also lead National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- 2010 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in a number of areas, leading to benefits both when bidding for business and negotiating insurance rates
Download The 2019 Safety Performance Report
STEP Applications are due July 1st. Any application submitted after July 1st will be entered for the following year.